Saturday, March 26, 2011

Alternative BIM-coloured Earth Hour!

“We've got no money, so we've got to think” is a quote usually attributed to Ernest Rutherford, a nuclear physicist from New Zealand.

Today is Earth Hour, claim the news.
I celebrate an alternative Earth Hour. I ask households and businesses and anyone I know to turn ON the essential lights in their heads for one hour to experience the joy of thinking.

Not relevant to BIM? I digress a bit here but like to be topical too.
Topical as in what’s going on around me, not just pertinent to my BIM bubble.

The other expression I like very much: “An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid” is also (supposedly) Rutherford’s.

Now, this is significant to all that live in their little BIM bubbles.

All of you that have BIM in your title or job description: can you explain to you grandma or (grand) child what exactly do you do?
Can you fit it in one sentence?

I still struggle with this task, I confess.
My 90 years old grandma only knows that I am married to a handsome Englishman, and my parents think of me as a failed architect that does something (possibly) clever with computers.

My only hope is that I will be able to define my work by the time the first grandchild arrives.





No comments:

Post a Comment